Does something smell fishy ?
Lynn Garry Salmon / o \ /
email@example.com \__ `` / \
My husband John has a home page of his own
Our Travel Logs
- Dawn on the Serengeti - 2016
- Cuba: Birds, Bath and Beyond - 2016
- Southern Ocean Expedition: Falklands, South Georgia, and the Antarctic Peninsula - 2015
- Have an Ice Day - Spring in Alaska - 2014
- Wolves and Birds and Bears, Oh My: Yellowstone and Beyond - 2013
- Fish Tacos in Iceland - 2013
- Midnight Sun: Warming the Arctic Chill - 2012
- End of an Era (or 3) - Space Shuttle, Florida Visit - 2011
- Chile: Total Eclipse, Navel of the World, and Driest Place on Earth - 2010
- Counting birds with cannons, Cape May, NJ - 2010
- Four Corners - California to Colorado - 2009
- Germany - World Heritage Tour - 2008
- Trip to the Roof of the World - 2002
- No More Falcons - 2002
- Millenium Ostrich - 1999
- Up the Mekong - 1998
- You Can't Get There From Here:
Trip to the Pitcairn Islands - 1997
- A Year Down Under - 1995
- The Great Penguin Count on Gabo Island - 1994
- A Trip To the End of the World - 1993
- A Trip Along the Silk Road - 1991
- Bike and Camel Safari in Rajasthan - 1987
- Mumu Fish Beads
- Walking in Westchester
- Urban Dare
- Urban Challenge
- Ryoji Ikeda: The Transfinite May, 2011
- maps and travelling
- Anadromous Media
- Moles in Space 1//
(Blacker Interhouse 1988)
Cooking: Recipes and Techniques
- Team Mumu Pit Cooking: How to tell dinner
from a hole in the ground.
- Millenium Ostrich
- Turducken A chicken in a duck in a turkey.
- Of moths and men: cooking Bogong moths
- Salmon anyone?
- Salmon with Brooms and
- My family tree
- Not Quite as Big Bamboo 10/10/10
- Snowmageddon 2010
- Dog Stuff
- Coho dog
- Our sheep in wolf's clothing
- Favorite garden tools:
Black and Decker
- Hardscrabble house in New York
- Salmon homes
Until his death on July 30, 2001, I worked with
Dr. Glen R. Cass
at the California Institute of Technology.
As a senior scientist, I
specialize in the study of effects
of atmospheric pollution on cultural properties. My work includes
studies of airborne pollutants in national parks, museums and
archaeological sites around the world.
Work included the
Beijing Blue Skies
air monitoring project that helped bring the 2008 Olympics
to Beijing. I then moved south to sample in the
Pearl River Delta
region in southern China and Hong Kong.
Other projects included air pollutant monitoring at the
Asinou Church in Cyprus, and the
Global Ozone Passive Monitoring Project.
Here are some photos of
rooftop sampling at Caltech.
Past research projects include a study at the
Wieliczka Salt Mine, located in southern Poland as well
as an investigation of the soiling inside the Wawel Castle
and several museums located in the historic
You can also find out about my work in the Buddhist cave
Yungang, China and other projects
in my publication's list.
I'm also including some links to
conservation and museum related sites.